Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
IBS is a functional bowel disorder believed to affect up to 20% of the world’s population. At Fettle & Bloom, we have extensive experience of treating individuals with IBS, creating effective personal plans based on the latest scientific evidence and your current diet, health and lifestyle. Support includes low-FODMAP recipes, advice on lifestyle changes, guidance on foods to avoid and ongoing support via email, Skype, face-to-meetings or home visits.
What to expect
Fettle & Bloom offers a friendly, personal service designed to help you overcome symptoms, take an active role in your health and live life to the full again. We tailor our service to individual patients, but in general here’s what you can expect when you get in touch:
• We’ll start with a free 15-minute call to find out about you and your symptoms.
• If you want to go ahead, we’ll ask you to complete a food diary and health questionnaire.
• We’ll then arrange an hour-long consultation to assess your diet, health, medical history and treatment goals.
• From this, we’ll create a tailored nutrition plan.
• We’ll also provide a range of resources, meal plans and written guidance to empower you to take control of your health.
• After that, you’ll have a follow-up appointment and ongoing support (if necessary) to monitor your progress.
Sign up with your email address to receive info, recipes & special offers.
3 WAYS TO GET TREATMENT
Whichever makes you feel more comfortable.
The Bath Practice
26 Monmouth Street, Bath BA1 2AP. By appointment only
Telephone, email or skype consultation
We can offer visits in the comfort of your own home
what to expect
Fettle and Bloom offer personal, friendly advice.
1) Free initial discovery call -15 minutes
2) Complete food diary and health questionnaire
3) Return to dietitian 48 hours prior to appointment
4) Hour long consultation using the latest evidence & technology to assess medical history, diet and lifestyle
5) Personalised nutrition plan and treatment goals
6) Written guidance, support methods established and relevant resources sent to the client
7) Follow up appointment to monitor client progress
ARE YOU A HEALTH PROFESSIONAL?
Cristy has many years experience delivering group education, study days’ and conference presentations in her areas of expertise. If you are a General Practitioner, Medical Centre, Residential Care home or AHP looking to collaborate please get in touch. We can offer the following education sessions:
• Type 2 Diabetes
• Irritable Bowel Syndrome – First line advice
• Irritable Bowel Syndrome – Low FODMAP
• Coeliac Disease
• Diet Chef course for Nursing and residential care catering
• General Nutrition
• School and workplace nutrition & wellbeing talks