Information about us
Our nominated data protection contact is Cristy Dean who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: By giving your consent you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. You may withdraw your consent at any time. An explanation of your rights is set out below.
If you are not satisfied with any action taken by us or response given, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner at:www.ico.gov.uk, or help line telephone number: 0303 1231113.
In this policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
Cookie: a small file placed on your computer or device by our website when you visit certain parts of it or use certain features.
Cookie Law: means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
Data Subject: a natural identifiable person.
Personal Data: has the meaning set out in the Data Protection Legislation, being as at the data of this policy, any data which identifies a natural person (by way of example, name, address, phone number and so on).
What this policy also covers
This policy also explains:
- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected:
- on our website, when you interact with it;
- when you download from our website;
- when you interact with our website advertising and applications on third party websites and services.
- What organisation is collecting the information;
- How the information is used;
- With whom the information may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information;
- What kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control;
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information; and
- How you can request the Personal Data we process and store to be removed.
What we collect: We may collect the following information:
- Full name, occupation, gender and marital status;
- Contact information and personal details – home address, email, contact telephone numbers, details of GP and other medical professionals;
- Current and past medical history, current medications, body measurements and lifestyle information provided by the client;
- If you access our website, technical information including internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your log in information, browser type and version time zone setting, browser plug in types and versions, operating system and platform.
What we do with the information we gather:
We will use the data collected about you in the following ways:
- to provide services to you;
- to deal with your enquiry if you complete our contact form;
- to assess and understand your requirements;
- Professional clinical record keeping of client information;
Where and how we store your personal data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate technical, organisational and security measures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
- As referred to above, our website is hosted by Siteground Hosting UK. No data is stored on our website.
- We keep all paper records containing your Personal Data in locked cabinets and only allow access to those who need to access the Personal Data.
- Our laptops are password protected
- Documents are password protected;
- We use an electronic GDPR compliant system for storing electronic records Dropbox
Records made by Fettle and Bloom Nutrition relating to the care of a client, will be stored for eight years (in line with British Dietetic Association Guidance for Record and Record Keeping). We may also be under an obligation to store your Personal Data for longer in accordance with our professional indemnity insurers requirements.
As a Data Subject under the Data Protection legislation referred to above, you have the following rights:
- We will not share your information with third party marketing agencies without your consent, nor will we contact you for marketing purposes unless you give your consent. If you consent to us contacting you for marketing purposes at any stage, you can change your mind at any time by exercising your right to ask us not to contact you by e mailing us at: [enter details]
- Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
- You have the right to ask us to supply to you the information we hold, this is known as a data subject access request. For further details please contact us on: email@example.com
- You have the right to ask us to rectify the data we hold if it contains inaccuracies or is incomplete. To discuss this please contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to ask us to erase the Personal Data we hold if: (i) it is no longer necessary for us to hold the data; (ii) you wish to withdraw your consent to us holding the data; (iii) you object to us holding or processing the data; (iv) you believe that we have processed the data unlawfully; or (v) the data needs to be erased for us to comply with a particular legal obligation. To make a request please contact us on: email@example.com
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your Personal Data with:
- relevant health professionals (only when consent is given by the client).
- In exceptional circumstances information about a client may be disclosed without consent if it is in the public interest to do so. This might be in circumstances where disclosing the information is necessary to prevent a serious crime or serious harm to other people.
- To a prospective buyer or seller if we sell or buy any business, shares or assets.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies – a Cookie falls into this category if it is essential to the operation of our website, supporting functions such as logging in.
- Analytics and Flash Cookies – it is important for us to understand how you use our website. For example, how efficiently you are able to navigate around it, and what features you use. Analytics Cookies enable us to gather this information and helps us to improve our website.
- Functionality Cookies – enable us to provide additional functions to you.
- Persistent Cookies – any of the above types of Cookie may be a persistent Cookie. Persistent Cookies are those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined period and are activated each time you visit our website.
- Session Cookies – any of the above types of Cookie may be a session Cookie. Session Cookies are temporary and only remain on your computer or device from the point at which you visit our website. To delete these cookies you will need to clear your browser history.
Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device you will be shown a cookie compliance statement, requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling us to provide you with the best possible experiences and services to you. You may wish to deny consent to the placing of the Cookies at which point we request you cease using our website.
External Web Services and Links
We may use external web services on our website, mostly to display content within our web pages. We cannot prevent these third-party sites, or external domains, from collecting information on your usage of this embedded content. If you are not logged in to these external services then they will not know who you are but are likely to gather anonymous usage information e.g. number of views, plays, loads and so on.
Suppliers and Other Service Providers